Getting started with ID cards


Answers to frequently asked questions related to ID cards.


Table of Contents

Access and replacements

  • You can manage your OHIO ID card online with eAccounts.

  • Replacement information can be found on the ID Cards service catalog page.

  • Students and employees are not required to get a new ID card each year. You only need to get a new ID card if yours gets lost or stolen, or if it no longer works.

  • If your ID card needs replaced, any Bobcat Cash, Dining Dollars, or meal will automatically be transferred to the new card.

  • All on-campus students and employees will receive their ID cards at a physical location, such as the Bobcat Depot. Online students, or students not residing on campus, can request IDs through the mail. Please email the Bobcat Depot to obtain your ID through the mail. You will need to include a passport-style photo of you as well as your name, PID number, date of birth, and mailing address.

Storing your ID card

  • You are permitted to punch a hole in your ID card for easier storage, but OIT recommends letting the Bobcat Depot or your regional campus ID card staff punch the hole to avoid damaging the magnetic strip or proximity chip. 

  • Storing your ID card close to credit cards will not hurt your ID. However, close contact with a cell phone, TV, or computer monitor might damage the magnetic strip. 

ID card photos

  • On-campus students and employees should go to the Bobcat Depot in Baker University Center to get their photo taken. 

  • Individuals who cannot go to the Bobcat Depot should email their photo to the Bobcat Depot at Please ensure that your photo meets requirements. 

  • If you do not like your ID card photo and are on the Athens campus, you can replace your ID card for a $5 fee. You will need to visit the Bobcat Depot at Baker University Center.

Get help from OIT

  • Visit the ID Cards page to create a ticket



Article ID: 256
Mon 4/4/22 1:54 PM
Wed 2/22/23 8:25 PM